Friday 13 November 2009

November- Her Fearful Symmetry and The Shadow of the Wind

These are my two current books but I am having to juggle them as the Niffenegger needs to go back to the library on Thursday. Easy to read and not that bad consdiering it has had mixed reviews. People seem to be expecting another The Time Travellers Wife', but why? I hate authors who get pigeonholed and never vary their writing. Anyway, that needs reading.

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon is for book group and that is also easy reading-it is not a real page turner, but I love that it is set in Barcelona. I often wonder how much is lost in translation too-maybe it would be better in Spanish? It reminds me of The Da Vinci Code, can't quite place why, but it is that style.

I am also cutting back on my book consumption. I am NOT going to buy any more books until February! I have lots of library books to read and know I am getting some books for Christmas, plus a huge TBR so in all I am making a conscious decision to not buy any more-even from charity shops. No more swaps either, infact I am thinking about leaving bookmooch and disabled my RISI account a while back.

No comments:

Post a Comment