Sunday 3 January 2010

New Year Reading resolutions

Well, I managed to hit my target of 100 books with 15 being 1001 books last year- I read Bonjour, Tristesse by Francoise Sagan and loved it.

My target for this year is 60 books with 15 being 1001 books. This is because I plan to tackle some challenging/long books from the 1001 list!

Books I really want to read this year-

Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen
On Beauty- Zadie Smith
Middlesex- Jeffrey Eugenides
The God of Small Things- Arunditi Roy
Atonement-Ian McEwan
Memoirs of a Geisha-Arthur Golden
A SuitableBoy- Vikram Seth
The Wasp Factory- Iain Banks
Rebecca-Daphne Du Maurier
One Hundred Years of Solitude- Gabriel Garcia Marquez
To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee
Vanity Fiar- William Makepeace Thackeray
Little Women- Louisa m Alcott
david Copperfield- Dickens
The Woman in White- Wilkie Collins

I also have a few borrowed books that I want to get read-some that I borrowed a very, very long time ago!

I also want to read-

All 7 Harry Potter books (read the first 4 when pregnant but will have to reread)
Breaking Dawn, the 4th book in the Twilight Saga
The Big Stone Gap books by Adriana Trigiani

I am really looking forward to pushing myself with reading this year, and hope there will be some fabulous books in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment