Saturday 25 May 2013

Where to start!

I haven't blogged in a long time, and for a REALLY long time on this blog.  Things have changed quite a lot so here is a brief update of my life...

-I am now 33-eek!
- my little boy is nearly 5 and a half!
-Still married, and mostly happily (except arguments over the TV remote)
-I had my gallbladder removed, my first ever operation
-I started going to a Catholic church and am going to convert, something I didn't expect, but it feels right
-I walked a marathon
- I am half way through an OU degree
-I have learnt to crochet
-I had a miscarriage
-We had our wedding blessed
-I stopped biting my nails once and for all
-We holidayed in Madrid
-I broke a world record!  Part of a group who made the most sandcastles in an hour
- I am back on antidepressants, but actually happier than I have been in a long time.

In terms of reading, I have read a lot since my last post, probably 150 books.  But rather than try and catch up, I'll just tell you what I have been reading this month.

I am now going to a bookgroup with a select few from my old church.  We have read quite a mix of books, and this month we read 'Wild' by Cheryl Strayed.  I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it, completely different to my usual read, but have loved it.  The real life story of a woman who walked the PCT in America, and how much she grew along the way.  Everyone seems to have enjoyed it though, very glad to have tried something new. Our next book is my choice, 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn.

I have also read 'Wedding Night' by Sophie Kinsella (disappointing, it didn't really have much story at all), 'The Storyteller' by Jodi Picoult (different to her usual style, I loved the idea of the story but didn't think it one of her best) and reread 'Raising Boys' by Steve Biddulph (hoping for some enlightenment that didn't come) this month, plus dipping in and out of various Catholic books-Youcat, RCIA books, Oxford dictionary of Saints....

No comments:

Post a Comment