Tuesday 27 October 2009

October reads

Throughout October my reading has again been very slow (and also shamelessly trashy!). I did make an attempt at Rabbit, Run by John Updike, but it was a library book that needed to be returned so gave up on it-I haven't given up on it forever though, I think I might go back to it when I am in the right frame of mind. There is definitely something to be said for reading a book when it is what you feel like reading, rather than forcing yourself to read it.

I completed Girl Friday by Jane Green, which I enjoyed-very typical of her kind of book, but I enjoyed it more than I have some of her other recent ones.

I also read Cecelia Ahern's latest offering, The Book of Tomorrow, which again I found a good read. I like that her books are slightly fantastical, but not too 'out there'. As it was from a teenagers point of view too that won points with me.

Other than that I am reading India Knight's shopping book, which is interesting-I like getting hints about shops where they have excellent products, customer service and where I should be buying from online.

Other book news is that a work mate and I have started a work book group-our first chosen book is The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafron, which I think I am going to love devouring-set in Barcelona, so I will have plenty of opportunity to daydream! We aren't planning to have our first meeting until December, so I have time to savour it.

No comments:

Post a Comment