Wednesday 12 August 2009

13 Little Blue Envelopes- Maureen Johnson

Oh, how I adore teen books! I know that some people think that they have little literary value and that they can't really offer much to the adult reader,but I completely disagree. Not only does it make you think about what life is like during that limbo period of adolescence, but a lot of books aimed at teens don't try to be clever, or wordy, or something that they are not.

I got this recommendation from 'Book Lust' I think, or if not there then it was certainly another 'book about books'. At the time it was only out in America, but now it has been published in the UK too.

This book is all about Gin, who is left 13 little blue envelopes by her dead aunt Peg. The envelopes give Gin instructions to follow and lead her on an adventure across Europe.

It is a short read and I found it was the sort of book that made me want to just run away and explore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment