Wednesday 5 August 2009

The Birthing House-Christopher Ransom

Hmmm.

Well, I am 160 pages in and seriously considering giving up on this. Lots of people I know, who like similar books to me, said it was tosh, and I have to admit I am not really enjoying it and I don't know whether to persevere or not. There is a load of sexual stuff that is not necessary, and the storyline (which sounded OK from the blurb) is weak, the writing is poor...oh dear! It is due back at the library on Friday and has holds on it so it will cost me to keep it past then, and I don't think I am willing to pay to keep it. Infact, I think I have made up my mind!

Also, my library classified this as horror, and whilst it is a bit creepy, I wouldn't class it as horror, only the horrific storyline, horrific writing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment